What to Expect Regarding Social Distancing Protection & Safety Precautions
Do Not Come to the Office or Go Out to any Public Place if:
- you have had a fever in the past 2-14 days
- you have had a cough in the past 2-14 days
- you have had difficulty breathing or shortness of breath in the past 2-14 days
- you have lost any sense of taste or smell
- you have any redness in or around your eyes in the past 2-14 days
- you or a family member or resident of your home has had contact with another person with confirmed COVID-19, or who has been tested for COVID-19 in the past 2-14 days.
When you arrive in the parking lot at Duquette Family Eye Care, Inc., please text or call 401-769-6323 and tell us that you have arrived
- Lisa will then review the above questions; ask you to please wear your protective mask into the office (we only have very limited supply; if you do not have a mask, please inform us when you arrive and we will provide one prior to entering); please wear your protective mask for the entire duration of your visit with us.
- When you enter the Front Door there will be a dispenser of alcohol based hand sanitizer. Please take a small amount and thoroughly rub it on your hands and allow it to dry.
- Proceed to the reception/check in desk and you will be greeted by a staff member who will take your temperature using a thermometer that does not touch your forehead or face. He or she will ask you to stand behind the marked area on the floor after completing the measurement.
- Our staff member will ask you to update any insurance, privacy or treatment information as needed. The staff member will ask questions and update the information for you, but no signatures or writing will be needed. Devices used by patients will be disinfected before and after each use. Please remain behind the marked area on the floor while checking in. Those with text capabilities may be asked these questions via our secure texting system while you are waiting in your car (“virtual check-in”).
When You Step Into the Examination Area
- You may be accompanied directly from the check in desk to a testing room or exam room, as quickly as possible. As you leave the check in area, a staff member will wipe and clean the counter area and seating area, accordingly, with a disinfecting wipe that might have a mild odor of bleach or Clorox. We do this for everyone’s protection and do not mean to be offensive.
- Each Testing room, Exam room, all Instrumentation and Surfaces are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each patient has stepped out of the room, regardless of whether testing equipment was used or not.
- Expect the doctors and staff to be wearing a specialized form fitting mask to protect both you, and them, from risk of infection. The doctors may elect to wear a more specialized N95 mask if you are in high risk health category. It is expected that you will wear either a cloth face covering or surgical mask throughout your examination visit.
- In addition, depending on how close your doctor may need to be to provide your exam and possible treatment, he or she may be wearing protective eyewear, goggles or even a clear plastic shield to protect both of you.
- Your eye exam typically involves the use of a slit lamp microscope. We have installed plastic barriers or breath shields on them to prevent spraying of tiny moisture particles which could lead to infection. To further avoid infection we ask that you do not speak when behind the slit lamp. Our doctors will be limiting their speaking as well. They will move far back and create a safe distance to discuss findings and recommendations.
When You Are Leaving Our Office
- When your exam is complete, you will either be accompanied by a technician or assistant, or directed to leave the clinic area promptly and return to the check out area. Please remain behind the tape marked area on the floor while the check out desk staff assists you. The check out desk staff member will advise and assist you with next steps, instructions, any additional appointments or required payments. Once completed, we ask that you leave the check out desk area promptly and exit the office.
Thank You! We appreciate your confidence, trust and help in making your eye care visit safe to all those in need.
Lori A. Duquette, O.D.
Lori A. Duquette, O.D.